Sunday, July 24, 2011

Old Film Photography Magazines

I found an amazing auction on Trademe recently for some old photography magazines. Not surprisingly there wasn't much interest in the auction, and I won them for $10NZ.

Old photo magazines dating back to 1951!
They arrived last week, and although I haven't had a chance to sit down and have a really good read, the flick through I've had so far has been fascinating! The oldest of the magazines - Popular Photography - dates back to 1951! That makes it 60 years old!

I haven't read any of the articles, but the adds for the cameras are fantastic. Quite a few of them are for cameras I've never heard of (Iloca, Ventura and Ciro-Flex), as well as the classic brands (a brand new Leica IIIC can be yours for only $350US - a small fortune 60 years ago!).

I'll have a read through and share any interesting articles that I might come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will respond as soon as I can.
Thanks again
Wayne