Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Trip away with Film!

I'm going down to Central Otago (Hawea) this weekend to attend a book launch for a client of mine. Will also use the opportunity to make it a 'photography' trip - something I don't really do often enough!

All good so far - but the scary part for me is that I've also decided to make it an entirely film photography trip! After shooting only digital for the last 6 or 7 years, it feels weird to be contemplating not taking my digital camera away with me. Almost like going cold turkey - not that I'd know what that feels like :-)

I'm taking the Bronica S2 (of course) with 4 rolls of Kodak Ektacolor 160, as well as my Olympus Pen EE-2 (with half a roll of Kodak b&w still in it), Olympus Trip 35 (loaded with Kodak b&w T-Max 400) and Canon EOS 50E (with an assortment of Fuji color print and expired Kodak slide film). Sounds like a lot, but the Olympus cameras are tiny, and the Bronica will get used on the road, mostly for landscape work. The real workhorse will probably be the EOS 50E and color film, although I'm open to anything taking my fancy at the time.

Hoping for great weather, and even better photography! Will post about the trip when I get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will respond as soon as I can.
Thanks again
Wayne